Discover Venice & the Veneto with this new 'tell it like it is' guidebook, packed with exhaustive practical information and our experts' honest independent recommendations. Whether you plan to explore the world's first Ghetto, take a stroll around Burano or voyage out to far-flung Torcello, The Rough Guide to Venice & the Veneto will show you the perfect places to explore, sleep, eat, drink and shop along the way.
* Detailed regional coverage: practical information for every step of a trip, from intrepid off-the-beaten-track adventures, to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas.
* Regions covered include: San Marco, Dorsoduro, San Polo and Santa Croce, Cannaregio, Central Castello, Eastern Castello, The Canal Grande, the northern islands, the southern islands, Padua and the southern Veneto, Vicenza, Verona and around, and the northern Veneto.
* Honest independent reviews: written with blend of humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you get the most from your trip to Venice & the Veneto.
* Meticulous mapping: always full colour, with clear numbered, colour-coded keys. Navigate the Canal Grande, Dorsoduro and many more locations without needing to get online.
* Fabulous full-colour photography features a richness of inspirational camerawork * Things not to miss: rundown of Venice, the Veneto and Verona's best sights and top experiences.
* Itineraries: carefully planned routes will help you organize your trip, and inspire your on-the-road experiences.
* Basics section: essential pre-departure information including getting there, getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more.
Updated edition Jun 2019