Lonely Planet's Hiking & Tramping in New Zealand is your passport to the most relevant and up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Spot seals and laze on golden sands along the Abel Tasman Coast Track; explore The Lord of the Rings scenery on Tongariro Northern Circuit; and tramp through ancient rainforest and along gnarly ridges on the Lake Waikaremoana Great Walk.
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Great hiking and itineraries sections show you how to tailor your trip
- Special features on clothing & equipment, hiking safety and other
- Essential info - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Budget-oriented recommendations - including eating and sleeping
- Cultural insights - covering history, landscapes, geology and wildlife
- Covers Northland, Auckland, Coromandel, Tongariro, Urewera, Central North Island, Taranaki, Whanganui, Around Wellington, Queen Charlotte, Marlborough, Abel Tasman, Kahurangi, Nelson Lakes, Canterbury, Arthur's Pass, Aoraki/Mt Cook, West Coast, Mt Aspiring National Park, Around Queenstown, Fiordland, Stewart Island/Rakiura.
Updated edition Dec 2018