Discover this exciting destination with the most incisive guidebook on the market. Whether you plan to island-hop your way down the Andaman coast, sample street food at Bangkok's night markets or trek to the hill tribes around Chiang Mai, The Rough Guide to Thailand will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink, shop and visit along the way.
* Independent, trusted reviews written with a blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit, with options to suit every budget.
* Full-colour maps throughout- navigate Bangkok's backstreets and stroll around Krabi town without needing to get online.
* Stunning images- a rich collection of inspiring colour photography.
* Things not to miss: rundown of Thailand's best sights and experiences
* Itineraries - carefully planned routes to help you organize your trip.
* Detailed regional coverage - whether off the beaten track or in more mainstream tourist destinations, this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way.
*Areascovered include: Bangkok; Chiang Mai; Ko Samui; Ko Pha Ngan; Ko Lanta; Phuket;Ko Phi Phi; Krabi; Ko Tao; Ko Chang; Ko Kood; Ko Samet; Ko Mak; Pai; Ayutthaya;Nakhon Si Thammarat; Nan; Ao Phang Nga.
* Attractions include: Chatuchak Weekend Market; Jim Thompson's House; Wat Pho; Khmer ruinsat Phimai; Khao Yai National Park; Wat Phra That Doi Suthep; The Grand Palace;Wat Phu Tok; The National Museum.
* Basics- essential practical information including getting there, local transport, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, outdoor activities, spas and traditional massage, meditation centres and retreats, culture and etiquette, travelling with children, and more.
* Background information- a contexts chapter devoted to history, religion, art and architecture, flora and fauna, environmental issues, music, hill tribes, film and recommended books, plus a handy language section.
Updated edition Nov 2018