Lonely Planet's Bangkok is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Shop for anything and everything at Chatuchak Weekend Market, learn to make zesty Thai dishes at a cookery school, and give thanks for your good fortune at the giant golden Buddha at Wat Pho - all with your trusted travel companion.
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local
- Essential info - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems
- Cultural insights covering history, people, music, religion, cuisine, politics
- Over 35 maps for easy navigation
- Covers Ko Ratanakosin & Thonburi, Banglamphu, Thewet & Dusit, Chinatown, Siam Square, Pratunam, Phloen Chit & Ratchathewi, Riverside, Silom & Lumphini, Sukhumvit, Northern Bangkok, Ayutthaya Historical Park, Ko Samet, Amphawa, Phetchaburi, Kanchanaburi, Khao Yai.
Updated edition Jul 2018