Lonely Planet's Thailand is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Learn to cook authentic Thai dishes in Chiang Mai, rock-climb the limestone karsts (or watch from the sugar-white beaches) of Railay, and trek through dense jungle and stay in tree-top bungalows in Kanchanaburi - all with your trusted travel companion.
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local
- Essential - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems
- Cultural insights covering history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Covers Bangkok, Central Thailand, Ko Chang, Chiang Mai Province, Northern Thailand, Hua Hin, Southern Gulf, Ko Samui, Lower Gulf, Phuket, Andaman Coast.
Updated edition Jul 2018