Lonely Planet St Petersburg is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Experience imperial Russia and the world of the tsars, immerse yourself in art and culture at the Hermitage and the Russian Museum, or party through the sunlight northern lights; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of St Petersburg and begin your journey now!
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, literature, music, architecture, performing arts, St Petersburg today
- Covers the Historic Heart, Sennaya, Kolomna, Smolny, Vosstaniya, Vasilyevsky Island, Petrograd Side, Vyborg Side, and more.
Updated edition Mar 2018