Lonely Planet Southwest USA is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Nourish your soul as you soak up the sheer immensity of the Grand Canyon, chase the neon lights in Las Vegas, or be lured by the ski slopes, hiking trails and white-water rapids of Taos; all with your trusted travel companion. Getto the heart of Southwest USA and begin your journey now!
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, politics, lifestyle, Native Americans, culture, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, landscapes, wildlife, environmental issues, cuisine, beer, wine, customs, etiquette
- Covers Las Vegas, Nevada, Arizona, Greater Phoenix, Grand Canyon Region, Navajo Reservation, Taos, Las Vegas, New Mexico, Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Southwestern Colorado, Utah and more.
Updated edition Mar 2018