Discover Italy with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. Whether you plan to visit the spectacular Amalfi Coast, explore Italy's most celebrated collections of art, the Uffizi in Florence, or experience the Piazza San Marco in Venice, one of Europe's grandest urban spaces, The Rough Guide to Italy will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
- Provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
- Honest and independent reviews: blend of humour, honesty and expertise
- Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with colour-coded keys
- Full-colour photography: features inspirational photography, including the magnificent Pantheon and the unforgettable Temple of Hera in Salerno
- Time-saving itineraries: planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Things not to miss: Rough Guides' rundown of Matera, Lecce and Urbino's best sights and top experiences
- Travel tips and info: getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette
- Background information: history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
- Covers: Rome and Lazio; Piemonte and Valle d'Aosta; Liguria; Lombardy and the Lakes; Trentino-Alto Adige; Venice and the Veneto; Friuli-Venezia Giulia; Emilia-Romagna; Tuscany; Umbria; Le Marche; Abruzzo and Molise; Campania; Puglia; Basilicata and Calabria; Sicily; Sardinia.
Updated edition Sep 2019