Rome 2020 Rick Steves
Explore ancient ruins and view Renaissance masterpieces in this truly modern Eternal City. With Rick Steves on your side, Rome can be yours!
- Comprehensive coverage for spending a week or more exploring Rome
- Rick's strategic advice on how to get the most out of your time and money, with rankings of his must-see favorites
- Top sights and hidden gems, from the Colosseum and the Sistine Chapel to corner trattorias and the perfect scoop of gelato
- How to connect with local culture: Indulge in the Italian happy hour tradition of the aperitivo, savor a plate of cacio e pepe, or chat with fans about the latest soccer match
- Beat the crowds, skip the lines, and avoid tourist traps with Rick's candid, humorous insight
- The best places to eat, sleep, and experience la dolce far niente
- Self-guided walking tours of lively neighborhoods and sights like the Roman Forum, St. Peter's Basilica, and the Vatican Museums
- Detailed neighborhood maps and a fold-out city map for exploring on the go
- Useful resources including a packing list, Italian phrase book, a historical overview, and recommended reading
- Over 500 bible-thin pages include everything worth seeing without weighing you down
- Annually updated information on Central Rome, Vatican City, Trastevere, and more, plus day trips to Ostia Antica, Tivoli, Naples, and Pompeii.