Scotland Rick Steves' 2e
Whether you take the high road or the low road, with Rick Steves on your side, Scotland can be yours!
- Comprehensive coverage for spending a week or more exploring Scotland
- Rick's strategic advice on how to get the most out of your time and money, with rankings of his must-see favorites
- Top sights and hidden gems, from the wild beauty of Orkney Islands and the Hebrides to cozy corner pubs in Edinburgh
- How to connect with local culture: Chat with experts on the Speyside Whisky Trail, attend a small-town Highland Games, or join the search for Nessie
- Beat the crowds, skip the lines, and avoid tourist traps with Rick's candid, humorous insight
- The best places to eat, sleep, and relax with a dram of Scotch
- Self-guided walking tours of lively neighborhoods and historic sites
- Detailed neighborhood maps and a fold-out city map for exploring on the go
- Useful resources including a packing list, a phrase book of Scottish slang, a historical overview, and recommended reading
- Over 400 bible-thin pages include everything worth seeing without weighing you down
- Complete, up-to-date information on Edinburgh, Glasgow, Stirling, St. Andrews, the Scottish Highlands, Oban, Mull, Iona, Staffa, Glencoe, Fort William, Inverness, Loch Ness, Pitiochry, Balmoral Castle, the Isle of Skye, Wester Ross, the Orkney Islands, and more.
Updated edition Apr 2018