The Rough Guide to Portugal will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
- Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
- Honest and independent reviews: written with humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to Portugal
- Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys.
- Fabulous full-colour photography: features inspirational colour photography, including the breathtaking Sao Jorge Castle and the intricate Mosteiro dos Jeronimos
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Travel tips and info: packed with essential pre-departure information including getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
- Background information: history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
- Covers: Lisbon and around; Estremadura and Ribatejo; Coimbra and the Beira Litoral; Beria Alta and Beira Baixa; Porto and the Rio Douro; The Minho; Tras-os-Montes; Alentejo; The Algarve
Updated edition Dec 2019