Lonely Planet Norway is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Visit Oslo; Norway's cultural capital, hike glacier-strewn high country, or simply hope to catch the elusive Northern Lights; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Norway and begin your journey now!
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - lifestyle, multiculturalism, economy, history, Vikings, independence, landscapes, national parks, wildlife, environment, forestry, Sami, religion, arts, architecture, music, literature, cinema, cuisine, drinks
- Free, convenient pull-out Oslo map (included in print version), plus over 50 colour maps
- Covers Southern Norway, Central Norway, Bergen, the Southwestern Fjords, the Western Fjords, Trondelag, Nordland, the Far North, Svalbard and more.
Updated edition May 2018