Newfoundland & Labrador Moon 1e
Description:Immerse yourself in the beauty and adventure of these island provinces with Moon Newfoundland & Labrador.
- Strategic itineraries in an easy-to-navigate format covering the two-week Best of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Curated advice from local Andrew Hempstead, who shares the secrets of his beloved islands with you
- Full-color with vibrant, helpful photos
- Detailed maps and directions with driving times and mileage
- Activities and ideas for every traveler: Spot wildlife like moose, foxes, and loons by hiking the rugged scenery of the islands, or sail alongside knowledgeable skippers to see whales and icebergs. Try your hand at sportfishing, or venture out into the wilderness of the Torgnat Mountains. Follow the the Irish Loop to enjoy stunning scenery out your car window. Picnic at a clifftop Lighthouse, or sample the smogasboard of seafood fresh from the Atlantic
- In-depth coverage of St. John's and the Avalon Peninsula, Burin Peninsula, Bonavista Peninsula, Clarenville, Deer Lake, Port-aux-Basques, Gors Morne National Park, Labrador
- Background information on the landscape, culture, history, and environment
- Essential insight for travelers on recreation, transportation, and accommodations, packaged in a book light enough to toss in your bag
With Moon Newfoundland and Labrador's practical tips, myriad activities, and an insider's view on the best things to do and see, you can plan your trip your way.
Updated edition Jul 2017