Lonely Planet's New York City is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Food truck, deli, pizza parlor, pub - eat your way through a world of food; take a sunset stroll across the Brooklyn Bridge for romantic views of amber skies; and take in a spectacular show on Broadway - all with your trusted travel companion.
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local
- Essential info - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems
- Cultural insights covering history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Covers Lower Manhattan & the Financial District, SoHo & Chinatown, East Village & Lower East Side, West Village, Chelsea & the Meatpacking District, Union Square, Flatiron District & Gramercy, Midtown, Upper East Side, Upper West Side & Central Park, Harlem & Upper Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queens.
Updated edition Aug 2018