Lonely Planet's Laos is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Whiz through the jungle on ziplines in Bokeo Nature Reserve, dine on French cuisine in historic Luang Prabang and trek to minority villages on the Bolaven Plateau - all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Laos and begin your journey now!
- NEW pull-out, passport-size 'Just Landed' card with wi-fi, ATM and transport info - all you need for a smooth journey from airport to hotel
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Covers Luang Prabang & Around, Northern Laos, Vientiane, Vang Vieng & Around, Central Laos, Southern Laos, and more
- The Perfect Choice:Lonely Planet's Laos is our most comprehensive guide to Laos, and is perfect for discovering both popular and off-the-beaten-path experiences.
Updated edition Jul 2020