The Rough Guide to Jordan will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
- Detailed regional coverage: from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
- Honest and independent reviews: written with humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to Jordan
- Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys.
- Fabulous full-colour photography: including the Roman Temple of Hercules, ravaged by time but full of ancient splendor, and the bold and spectacular King Abdullah Mosque
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Travel tips and info: getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture, shopping and more
- Background information: history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
- Covers: Amman; The Dead Sea and Baptism Site; Jerash and the north; The eastern desert; The King's Highway; Petra; Aqaba and the southern desert
Updated edition Nov 2019