From the Mediterranean to the Alps, from fine art to fine pasta: with Rick Steves on your side, Italy can be yours!
* Comprehensive coverage for planning a multi-week trip to Italy
* How to get the most out of your time and money, with must-see favorites
* Top sights and hidden gems, from the Colosseum ...
* How to connect with local culture: Savor a delicious plate of cacio ...
* Beat the crowds, skip the lines, and avoid tourist traps
* The best places to eat, sleep, and experience la dolce far niente
* Self-guided walking tours of lively neighborhoods and museums
* Vital trip-planning tools, like how to link destinations, build your itinerary...
* Detailed maps, including a fold-out map for exploring on the go
* Useful resources including a packing list, Italian phrasebook...
* Over 1,000 pages include everything worth seeing without weighing you down
* Annually updated information on Venice, Padua, The Dolomites, Lake Country, Milan, Italian Riviera, Florence, Pisa, Lucca, Hill Towns of Central Italy, Siena, Tuscany, Rome, Naples, Pompeii, Capri, the Amalfi Coast, and much more.