The Rough Guide to India will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
- Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
- Honest and independent reviews: written with honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to India
- Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys.
- Fabulous full-colour photography: including the phenomenal Lotus Temple and the vibrant Pichola Lake
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Travel tips and info: getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture, shopping and more
- Background information: history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
- Covers: Delhi; Rajasthan; Uttar Pradesh; Uttarakhand; Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh; Himachal Pradesh; Jammu and Kashmir; Punjab and Haryana; Gujarat; Mumbai; Maharashtra; Goa; Kolkata and West Bengal; Bihar and Jharkhand; Sikkim; The Northeast; Odisha; Andhra Pradesh and Telangana; The Andaman Islands; Tamil Nadu; Kerala; Kamataka
Updated edition Nov 2019