Lonely Planet's Guatemala is our most comprehensive guide that extensively covers all the country has to offer, with recommendations for both popular and lesser-known experiences. Vistsit Tika's monumental restored temples, admire picture-postcard vistas in Antigua or hike Lago de Atitlan's lake shore trails; all with your trusted travel companion.
* Visually inspiring collection of the best experiences and where to have them
* Itineraries help you build the ultimate trip based on your personal needs and interests
* Local insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - whether it's history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, politics
* Eating and drinking - get the most out of your gastronomic experience as we reveal the regional dishes and drinks you have to try
* Toolkit - planning tools for solo, LGBTQIA+, family travellers and accessible travel
* Colour maps and images throughout
* Language - essential phrases and language tips
* Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds
* Covers Guatemala City, Antigua, Lago de Atitlan, Quiche, Baja Verapaz, Alta Verapaz, Copan (Honduras), El Peten, Tikal, El Mirador, Chichicastenango, Quetzaltenango, Nebaj and more.
Updated edition Oct 2023