Galapagos Islands Moon 3e
The Galápagos archipelago is one of the most beautiful, wild, and untouched places on earth. Travel back in time with Moon Galápagos Islands.
- Strategic tour information with advice on how to visit sustainably, which boats to take, how long to stay, and where to stop along the way
- Detailed maps and directions for exploring on your own
- The top activities and unique experiences: Snorkel past playful sea lions and gentle sea turtles, or dive with hammerheads and whale sharks. Spot blue-footed boobies, albatross, and pelicans just as Darwin did when formulating the Theory of Evolution. Walk along sandy beaches where marine iguanas sun themselves on the rocks, or hike through forests of cacti and along otherworldly lava trails with breathtaking ocean views
- Honest advice from local expert and bio-engineer Lisa Cho
- In-depth coverage of Santa Cruz, San Cristóbal, Isabela, Floreana, and the remote uninhabited islands of Santiago, Fernandina, Española, and Genovesa, as well as the gateway cities of Quito and Guayaquil
- Background information on the history, landscape, and diverse wildlife of the archipelago, including how and where to see each animal while protecting their habitats
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Essential insight for travelers on eco-tourism, health and safety, transportation, and accommodations.
Updated edition Nov 2018