Packed with color photos, this bestselling guide outlines dozens of itineraries that show you how to see the best of the city in a short time, with maps leading the way from sight to sight. Featuring a full range of thematic and neighborhood tours, plus dining, lodging, shopping, nightlife, and practical visitor info.
- Full-color images throughout, with hundreds of photos and dozens of maps
- Sample one- to three-day itineraries and neighborhood walks, including Ancient Rome, Vatican City, Piazza Navona & the Pantheon, the Underground City, Rome's Best Churches, and more
- Star ratings for all hotels, restaurants, and attractions to clue you in on great finds and values
- Info for planning romantic holidays in the city, as well as how to see important sights that are doable on a day trip, from Pompeii to the legendary seaport of Ostia Antica
- Tear-resistant foldout map
- Foldout front cover with at-a-glance maps and quick-reference details
Updated edition Jul 2017