Fodor's New England highlights the best this classic American destination has to offer: Boston's Revolutionary-era sites, Connecticut's antiques, Rhode Island's mansions, the rocky Maine coast, Vermont's Green Mountains, and New Hampshire's Lake District. Every recommendation has been vetted by a local Fodor’s correspondent to ensure travelers plan the perfect trip, from leaf peeping and skiing to antiquing and fine dining.
This travel guide includes:
· Dozens of full-color maps plus a handy pullout map with essential information
· Hundreds of hotel and restaurant recommendations, with Fodor's Choice designating our top picks
· Fall foliage road trip itineraries
· In-depth breakout features on Boston’s Freedom Trail, antiques and crafts shopping, the mansions of Newport, winter activities in Vermont, hiking the Appalachian Trail, and Maine’s lighthouses
· Coverage of: Boston, Cape Cod, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard, the Berkshires and Western Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Inland Maine, and the Maine Coast.
Updated edition 2016