Fodor's Essential China 1e
This new edition has been FULLY-REDESIGNED with a new layout and beautiful images for more intuitive travel planning!
- AN ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE GUIDE that visually captures the top highlights of China.
- SPECTACULAR COLOR PHOTOS AND FEATURES throughout, including special features on Forbidden City, the Great Wall, Chinese food, the Terracotta Warriors, and Chinese tea.
- INSPIRATIONAL “BEST OF” LISTS identify the best things to see, do, eat, drink, and more.
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES for various trip lengths help you maximize your time.
- MORE THAN 60 DETAILED MAPS help you plot your itinerary and navigate confidently.
- BRAND NEW HOTEL AND RESTAURANT REVIEWS in major cities like Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Chengdu, Xian and Kunming offer options for every taste.
- TRIP PLANNING TOOLS AND PRACTICAL TIPS: getting around, saving money and time, beating the crowds; basic Chinese language phrases; calendar of events.
- LOCAL INSIDER ADVICE - where to find under-the-radar gems, along with the best tours.
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL OVERVIEWS add perspective and enrich your travels.
- COVERS: Lantau Island and Victoria Peak in Hong Kong, The Great Wall of China, the Forbidden City in Beijing, Shanghai Disneyland in Pudong, the Terracotta Warriors in Xian, Chengdu, Sichuan and the Panda Breeding Research Center, Yangtze River cruises, Chongqing and more.
Updated edition Apr 2019