Fodor's Essential Australia 2e
Type: Travel Guides
Ready to experience Australia? Fodor’s Essential Australia travel guide is packed with customizable itineraries with top recommendations, detailed maps of Australia, and exclusive tips from locals. Whether you want to dive the Great Barrier Reef, scale the Sydney Harbour Bridge, sail the Whitsunday Islands, or explore Aboriginal art in Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, this up-to-date guidebook will help you plan it all out.
- AN ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE GUIDE that captures the top highlights of Australia.
- SPECTACULAR COLOR PHOTOS throughout, including special features on diving the Great Barrier Reef, hiking in the Blue Mountains, driving the Convict Trail in Tasmania.
- INSPIRATIONAL “BEST OF” LISTS identify the best things to see, do, eat, drink, and more.
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES for various trip lengths to help you maximize your time.
- MORE THAN 70 DETAILED MAPS to help you plot your itinerary and navigate confidently.
- EXPERT RECOMMENDATIONS on hotels and restaurants with options for every taste.
- TRIP PLANNING TOOLS and practical tips to getting around, saving money and time, etc.
- LOCAL INSIDER ADVICE on where to find: Western Australia’s Best Beaches, Tasmania’s Top Hikes, 10 Unique Places to Stay, and 20 Things to Eat and Drink in Australia.
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL overviews to add perspective and enrich your travels.
- COVERS: Sydney, New South Wales, Melbourne, Victoria, Tasmania, Brisbane, Adelaide, the Northern Territory, Perth, and Western Australia and includes the Great Barrier Reef, the Blue Mountains National Park, the Gold Coast, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Bondi Beach, Daintree National Park, Cairns, and more.
Updated edition Jun 2019