Australia teems with cultural and natural treasures. Its diverse habitats are home to countless strange and amazing creatures, while its extensive coastlines include a wealth of beautiful beaches. With color photos throughout, Fodor's Essential Australia captures the country's stunning diversity, from vineyards to Outback adventures, from hikes through Tasmania to fine dining in Sydney, from tropical rainforests to majestic underwater reefs.
This travel guide includes:
· Dozens of full-color maps
· Hundreds of hotel and restaurant recommendations, with Fodor's Choice designating our top picks
· Multiple itineraries to explore the top attractions and what’s off the beaten path
· In-depth breakout features on diving in the Great Barrier Reef, understanding Aboriginal art, and exploring Australia's renowned wine region
· Major sights such as Tasmanian Wilderness, Fraser Island, Sydney Opera House, and the Kakadu National Park
· Coverage of Sydney, New South Wales, Melbourne, Victoria, Tasmania, Brisbane and its beaches,the Great Barrier Reef, Adelaide and South Australia, the Outback, Uluru, Perth and Western Australia.
Updated edition Sep 2016