With futuristic architecture and cutting-edge technology as well as ancient temples and centuries-old art and craft traditions — Tokyo is a city of contrasts.
It’s yours to discover with this Tokyo travel book! Whether you’re coming for a weekend or a week, the top 10 guide brings together the best of the Japanese capitol.
• Nine easy-to-follow Tokyo itineraries, perfect for a day trip, a weekend or a week.
• Detailed Top 10 lists of Tokyo’s must-sees, including comprehensive descriptions of the Imperial Palace Grounds, Senso-Ji Temple, the Sumida River, the Edo-Tokyo Museum, the Tokyo National Museum and Yanaka.
• Tokyo’s most interesting areas, with the best places for shopping, going out and sightseeing
• Inspiration for different things to enjoy during your trip — including family activities and things to do for free.
• A laminated pull-out map of Tokyo, plus seven full-color area maps.
• Practical advice: get ready, get around and stay safe.
Updated edition Jan 2022