Rising out of shimmering cyan seas, sun-kissed Sicily and its satellite islands are some of the most beautiful in the Mediterranean. An endless coastline of rugged cliffs and sandy beaches encircles a landscape of rolling farmland, dramatic salt pans, and windswept mountains. Whether you want to visit Palermo's cutting-edge galleries, explore mysterious ancient ruins in Segesta or hike the craterous trails around majestic Mount Etna, your Eyewitness Sicily travel guide makes sure you experience all that Sicily has to offer.
- A fully-illustrated top experiences guide: our experts pick must-sees and hidden gems
- Accessible itineraries to make the most out of each and every day
- Expert advice: honest recommendations for getting around safely, when to visit each sight, what to do before you visit, and how to save time and money
- Color-coded chapters to every part of Sicily, from Palermo to Catania, Taormina to Syracuse
- Practical tips: the best places to eat, drink, shop and stay in Sicily
- Detailed maps and walks to help you navigate the island easily and confidently
- Covers: East Palermo, West Palermo, Beyond the Center, Northwestern Sicily, and Southwestern Sicily.
Updated edition Jun 2022