Eyewitness Scotland: Explore the remote Isle of Skye, visit the well-trodden Royal Mile during the world-famous Edinburgh Festival, or tackle Scotland's scenic glens and rugged mountains.
- Over 40 color maps, including a transportation map of Scotland to help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floor plans show Edinburgh Castle, the National Museum of Scotland, the Royal Mile, Stirling Castle
- Color photographs of Scotland's mountains, glens, castles, islands, lochs, wildlife
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Edinburgh, Southern Scotland, Glasgow, Central Scotland, and the Highlands and Islands
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about Scotland's rich history, traditions, and festivals
- Experience the culture with features on Highland music and games, clans and tartans, and traditional Scottish foods
- Essential travel tips: where to stay, eat, shop, and sightsee, plus some helpful Scottish vocabulary and visa and health information.
Updated edition Feb 2019