DK Eyewitness Guide to Rome covers the must-see sights and the hidden corners, so you won’t miss a thing.
• Gorgeous, all-new color photography so you can imagine yourself there
• Reasons to love Rome: beautiful piazzas, spectacular art, ancient monuments, lively local markets, heavenly ice cream – what will yours be?
• See Rome from a different angle - 20 pages of fresh ideas for exploring the city
• A year-long calendar of events in Rome gives a selection of local events and festivals for all seasons
• Sturdy, laminated pull-out city map gives transport information and Metro, tram and bus map
• Expert advice covers the practical stuff: get ready, get around and stay safe
• Over 17 detailed, color maps help you navigate Rome with ease
• Expert tips to make memories that last – where to snap and share the perfect photo, take in stunning views and escape the crowds
• The most authentic places to stay, eat, drink and shop
• Easy-to-follow walks and itineraries take you on a tour of each area, with plenty of eat and drink stops en route.
• Hand-drawn illustrations show the inside of the must-see attractions, including St Peter’s Basilica, the Palatine and the Pantheon
• Covers Capitol; Forum and Palatine; Piazza della Rotonda; Piazza Navona; Piazza di Spagna and Villa Borghese; Campo de’ Fiori; Quirinal and Monti; Esquiline; Lateran; Caracalla; Aventine; Trastevere; Janiculum; Vatican; and Via Veneto; plus sights beyond the old city walls, including day trips further afield.