From the subtropical kauri forests of the North Island to the remote fjords of the South Island, New Zealand offers plenty of opportunities for adventure. Explore cultural cities, climb mammoth mountains, marvel at the icy-blue glacial lakes or spend an afternoon in idyllic vineyards.
• A pick of New Zealand’s must-sees, top experiences and hidden gems.
• The best spots to eat, drink, shop and stay.
• Detailed maps and walks to easily navigate the region.
• Expert advice and easy-to-follow itineraries.
• Color-coded chapters covering every part of New Zealand, from North-land to South-land, Auckland to Canterbury.
The land of the long cloud awaits! Whether you’re looking for a traditional Mauri experience, to immerse yourself in modern or historical New Zealand, or to go all out on outdoor adventures — this small country has it all. Your DK guide will help you find the best places to taste Mauri cuisine, point you to geothermal whirlpools, volcanoes and show you which cliffs are good to bungee off for the next adrenaline fix.
Updated edition Dec 2021