An explosion of dramatic scenery, this far-flung Pacific island has it all: mammoth mountains, icy-blue glacial lakes, unspoiled coastlines, idyllic vineyards and cool, cultural cities. From the subtropical kauri forests of the North Island to the remote fjords of the South Island, New Zealand offers countless opportunities for adventure.
- A fully-illustrated top experiences guide: our expert pick of New Zealand’s must-sees and hidden gems
- Accessible itineraries to make the most out of each and every day
- Expert advice: honest recommendations for getting around safely, when to visit each sight, what to do before you visit, and how to save time and money
- Color-coded chapters to every part New Zealand, from Northland to Southland, the Auckland to Canterbury
- Practical tips: the best places to eat, drink, shop and stay
- Detailed maps and walks to help you navigate the region country easily and confidently
- Covers: The North Island, Auckland, Northland, The Central North Island, Wellington and the South, Marlborough and Nelson, Canterbury and the West Coast, Otago and Southland.
Updated edition Sep 2023