Whether you want to visit fairytale châteaux, stroll amid rolling fields of blossoming lavender or learn what makes a noble vintage, your DK Eyewitness travel guide makes sure you experience all that France has to offer. Few countries capture the imagination quite like France. The world-famous cuisine is as rich and varied as the glorious landscapes, the wine as renowned and captivating as the art. From the alpine peaks to the Mediterranean beaches, each region has its own robust history and lively culture to inspire visitors.
- A fully-illustrated top experiences guide: our expert pick of France’s must-sees and hidden gems.
- Accessible itineraries to make the most out of each and every day.
- Expert advice: honest recommendations for getting around safely, when to visit each sight, what to do before you visit, and how to save time and money.
- Colour-coded chapters to every part of France, from Paris to the Pyrénées, Champagne to Corsica.
- Practical tips: the best places to eat, drink, shop and stay
- Detailed maps and walks to help you navigate the region country easily and confidently
- Covers: Île de France, Le Nord and Picardy, Champagne, Alsace and Lorraine, Normandy, Brittany, The Loire Valley, Franche-Comté, The Massif Central, The Rhône Valley and the French Alps, Poitou and Aquitaine, The Dordogne, The Pyrénées, Languedoc and Roussillon, Provence and the Côte d’Azur, Corsica
Updated edition Sep 2023