An ecotourism haven, Costa Rica is unmatched in biodiversity – here you can help sea turtle hatchlings make it to the sea or wake up to the sounds of howler monkeys. But this Central American country doesn’t just offer wildlife in abundance. In the capital of San José, characterful food joints serve up tasty local cuisine, while on the laid-back coasts, surfers and yogis unwind beside the beaches.
- A fully-illustrated top experiences guide: our expert pick of Costa Rica’s must-sees and hidden gems.
- Accessible itineraries to make the most out of each and every day.
- Expert advice: honest recommendations for getting around safely, when to visit each sight, what to do before you visit, and how to save time and money.
- Color-coded chapters to every part of Costa Rica, from Guanacaste to Northern Nicoya, the Caribbean to San José.
- Practical tips: the best places to eat, drink, shop and stay.
- Detailed maps and walks to help you navigate the region country easily and confidently.
- Covers: San Jose, Central Highlands, Central Pacific and Southern Nicoya, Guanacaste and Northern Nicoya, Northern Zone, The Caribbean, Southern Zone.
Updated edition Sep 2023