Home to ancient temples, world-class museums and an exhilarating cultural scene, Greece’s dynamic and vibrant capital brings together the best of ancient and contemporary Greece.
- Detailed Top 10 lists of Athens’ must-sees including the Acropolis, the National Archaeological Museum, the Museum of Cycladic Art and the Temple of Olympian Zeus.
- Easy-to-follow itineraries including ideas for day trips, weekends and a week’s worth of plans to make the most out of each and every day
- Expert advice: honest recommendations on Athens' most interesting areas, with the best places for shopping, eating out and sightseeing, with top tips on getting ready, getting around and staying safe
- Themed lists including the best city strolls, nearby islands, museums, local dishes and much more
- Detailed maps including a laminated pull-out map of Athens, plus eight full-colour area maps
- Covers: Athens Highlights, Acropolis, The Agora, National Archaeological Museum, Museum of Cycladic Art, Roman Forum and Tower of the Winds, Benaki Museum, Kerameikos, Byzantine and Christian Museum, Philopappos Hill, Temple of Olympian Zeus, Moments in History, Moments in the History of Theatre and Music Archaeological Sites, Churches, Museums, Philosophers and Writers, Athenian Legends, Greek Inventions Artistic Styles, City Strolls, Off the Beaten Track, Greek Dishes, Restaurants, Places to Shop, Athens for Free, Festivals and Events,Plaka, Makrygianni and Koukaki, Monastiraki, Psyrri, Gazi and Thisio, Omonia and Exàrhia, Syndagma and Kolonaki, Piraeus, North to Delphi, Into the Peloponnese, Around the Attica Coast
Updated edition Sep 2022