Ecuador & the Galapagos Islands Moon 7e
Type: Travel Guides
Description:Canoe through the Amazon, explore the bustling capital of Quito, snorkel in the Galápagos, or kick back on the coast: Embark on an unforgettable adventure with Moon Ecuador & the Galápagos Islands.
- Flexible itineraries for spending time in the Sierras, the Amazon, the coast, Quito, and the Galápagos Islands
- Strategic advice for ethical travelers, adventure lovers, budget travelers, history and culture buffs, wellness seekers, and more
- Must-see highlights and unique experiences: Hike through the Amazon rainforest, paddle across lily-covered lagoons, and spot camian, tapir, or pink river dolphins. Dive with hammerhead sharks in the Galápagos, cycle the epic waterfall route in Baños, and watch the sun rise over the peaks where the Amazon meets the Andes, and more...
- How to ethically experience Ecuador: support local and sustainable businesses, and respectfully engage with the indigenous communities..
- Expert insight from local author Bethany Pitts on where to eat, how to get around, where to stay, and how to avoid crowds
- Full-color photos and detailed maps throughout
- Reliable background on the landscape, climate, wildlife, and history, as well as health and safety advice, environmental issues, customs
- Handy tools including a Spanish phrasebook, volunteer opportunities, packing suggestions, and travel tips for families with kids, seniors, travelers with disabilities, and LGBTQ travelers.
Updated edition Nov 2019