Lonely Planet’s Experience Great Britain travel guide reveals exciting new ways to explore this iconic destination with one-of-a-kind adventures at every turn. Wander the Cotswolds’ ancient market towns, roam the Tower of London, tour Scotland’s famous whisky distilleries, and more!
- Fresh perspectives into the region’s traditions, values and modern trends to make your travel experience even more meaningful
- In the know-tips to help you build on your experiences when visiting
- Fun insights that will pique - journey by steam train along one of Britain’s heritage railways to Swanage Beach; hunt for culinary delights and bric-a-brac bargains at London’s Brick Lane Market; search for prehistoric fossils along the Jurassic Coast
- Insider scoop on the best festivals, secret hangouts, hidden locations, local food scene
- Handy seasonal trip planner to guide you: where to go, when to travel and what to pack
- Practical information on money, getting around, unique and local ways to stay
- Comprehensive selection of maps throughout and beautiful full-colour photography
- Covers London, Southeast England, Southwest England, Birmingham & the Midlands, Northern England, Wales, South Scotland, North Scotland.
Updated edition Sep 2022