Lonely Planet Western USA is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Spot geysers and grizzlies in Yellowstone National Park, wander the diverse neighborhoods of San Francisco, or take a road trip along the iconic Pacific Coast Highway; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of 'the West' and begin your journey now!
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, Native American culture, arts, architecture, environment, wildlife
- Covers California, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Pacific Northwest, Washington, Oregon, Rocky Mountains, Colorado, Southwest, Las Vegas, Arizona and more.
Updated edition Apr 2018