Fodor's Essential Thailand: with Cambodia & Laos 1e
This new edition has been FULLY-REDESIGNED with a fresh layout and beautiful images for more intuitive travel planning!
- AN ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE guide that visually captures the top highlights of Thailand, as well as neighboring Cambodia and Laos.
- SPECTACULAR COLOR PHOTOS throughout, including special features on the Grand Palace, Angkor Wat, Thai markets, the Buddha in Thailand, and Thailand’s beaches.
- “BEST OF” LISTS identify the best things to see, do, eat, drink, and more.
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES for various trip lengths help you maximize your time.
- MORE THAN 50 DETAILED MAPS help you plot your itinerary and navigate confidently.
- EXPERT RECOMMENDATIONS on hotels and restaurants offer options for every taste.
- TRIP PLANNING TOOLS and practical tips: getting around, saving money and time, beating the crowds; basic Thai phrases; and a calendar of festivals and events.
- LOCAL INSIDER ADVICE tells you where to find: “20 Things to Eat and Drink in Thailand,” “10 Unique Places to Stay,” “10 Ethical Animal Encounters,” “Best Outdoor Adventures,” and lists of the best temples and natural wonders
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL OVERVIEWS add perspective and enrich your travels.
- COVERS: Bangkok, Phuket, Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Ayutthaya, Koh Phi Phi, Koh Samui, Cambodia, and Laos, and includes the Ruins of Ayutthaya, Khao Suk National Park, Phanom Rung, the Grand Palace, Angkor Wat, Koh Similan, and more.
Updated edition Apr 2019