Enjoy the ultimate city break with the most incisive and entertaining guidebook on the market. Whether you plan on exploring the Sagrada Família, hitting the tapas trail in La Ribera or chilling out on one of the city's glorious beaches, this new edition of The Rough Guide to Barcelona will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink, shop and visit along the way.
- Independent, trusted reviews - blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit.
- Full-colour maps throughout and a handy city plan - navigate the back alleys of the Barri Gòtic or the Eixample's grid of modernista buildings without needing to get online.
- Things not to miss - Rough Guides' rundown of Barcelona's best sights and experiences.
- Itineraries - carefully planned routes to help you organize your trip.
- Detailed city coverage - the Ramblas, the Barri Gòtic, El Raval, Sant Pere, La Ribera, Ciutadella, Barceloneta, Port Olímpic, Port Vell, Montjuïc, Dreta de l'Eixample, Esquerra de l'Exiample. Glòries, Gràcia, Parc Güel, Horta, Les Corts, Pedralbes, Sarrià-Sant Gervasi, Tibidabo, Pacr de Collserola. Attractions include: Sagrada Família, Casa Batlló, La Pedrera, Fundació Joan Miró, La Seu, Transbordador Aeri, La Bouqeria, Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya (MNAC), Museu Picasso, Museu d'Art Contemporani de Barcelona (MACBA), Camp Nou.
- Listings - honest and insightful reviews of all the best places to stay, eat, drink and shop, with options to suit every budget, along with the latest on Barcelona's clubs, live-music venues, theatres, galleries and LGBT scene, plus in-depth sections on the city's sports and outdoor activities, festivals and events, and children's attractions.
- Basics - getting there, local transport, the media; tourist information; entry requirements and more.
Updated edition Mar 2018