The Knot Tying Bible is a complete guide to selecting, tying and using a wide array of knots, useful for everything from hauling logs to securing the canoe to wrapping a present. Beginners can master the basics before progressing to the more difficult knots. Experienced rope users can enjoy new knot challenges and discoveries.
Using a dual approach of photographs and written instructions explaining step-by-step how to tie knots, the book includes:
- A comprehensive introduction to rope
- Material properties of rope types
- How to select, care for and store all types of rope
- Ropeworking terms
- Descriptions of rope constructions and outlines of breaking strains
- Information and ideas for using each knot
- Picture icons.
A "hands-on" knot directory outlines the function and formation of over 70 knots and categorizes them according to physical properties, making it easy to find the right knot for the job at hand.
Updated edition Aug 2013