Iceland Rick Steves 2e
Type: Travel Guides
Description:Hike vast glaciers, marvel at steaming volcanic lakes, and explore the land of the midnight sun: with Rick Steves on your side, Iceland can be yours!
- Comprehensive coverage for exploring Iceland, whether you've got a long layover in Reykjavík or two weeks to dive into the whole country
- Rick's strategic advice on how to get the most out of your time and money, with rankings of his must-see favorites
- Top sights and hidden gems, from the stunning northern lights to hidden hikes and cozy bookstores
- How to connect with local culture: Soak in the famous Blue Lagoon, sample smoked fishes, and chat with locals in stark and lovely rural towns
- Beat the crowds, skip the lines, and avoid tourist traps with Rick's candid, humorous insight
- The best places to eat, sleep, and relax
- Self-guided walking tours of lively Reykjavík and art and history museums
- Complete, mile-by-mile driving tours, including the Golden Circle, the Ring Road, and more, with recommendations of Iceland's most scenic detours
- Detailed maps for exploring on the go
- Useful resources including a packing list, an Icelandic phrase book, a historical overview, and recommended reading
- Over 500 bible-thin pages include everything worth seeing without weighing you down
- Complete, up-to-date information on Reykjavík, the Reykjanes Peninsula, the Golden Circle, the South Coast, the Westman Islands, West Iceland, The Ring Road, the East Fjords, and more.
Updated edition Apr 2020