Portable, up-to-date, and to-the-point, Frommer's Honolulu and Oahu day by day is all about maximizing the time you have to spend in Hawaii's liveliest slice of paradise. This itinerary-based book, written by long-time resident Martha Cheng, hits all of Oahu's highlights - and its hidden gems - from soaking up rays on world-famous Waikiki Beach to hiking through rainforests, visiting Pearl Harbor and catching the sunrise over Diamond Head.
* Full-color photos and useful maps, including a tear-resistant foldout map
* Daily itineraries for seeing the sights in a limited amount of time
* Outdoor adventures for travelers of all ages to explore Oahu's beaches, mountains, and jungles
* Rewarding experiences for families, couples, food lovers, and those interested in Hawaii's culture and rich history, from indigenous customs to World War II
* Reliable reviews of the best shops, restaurants, nightlife, and hotels, in all price ranges (from budget to luxury)
* Helpful planning tips for getting there, getting around, and getting the most from your trip
Updated edition Oct 2017