Spain remains one of the world's most popular tourist destinations for its cutting-edge cuisine and superior wine, festivals like the running of the bulls in Pamplona, world-class museums like the Museo del Prado, amazing architecture, and more. In stunning full-color, Fodor's Essential Spain puts the best the country has to offer at your fingertips.
This travel guide includes:
· Dozens of full-color maps plus a handy pullout map with essential information
· Hundreds of hotel and restaurant recommendations, with Fodor's Choice designating our top picks
· Multiple itineraries to explore the top attractions and what’s off the beaten path
· In-depth breakout features on Gaudi's architecture, Spanish wine, tapas, flamenco, the Alhambra, Basque culture, El Camino de Santiago, and the Museo del Prado
· Coverage of Madrid; Toledo; Galicia and Asturias; The Basque Country, Navarra, and La Rioja; The Pyrenees; Barcelona; Catalonia, Valencia, and The Costa Blanca; Ibiza and the Balearic Islands; Andalusia.
Updated edition Dec 2016