Fodor’s Essential New Zealand travel guide is packed with customizable itineraries with top recommendations, detailed maps, and exclusive tips from locals. Whether you want to explore Auckland, bungee-jump in Queenstown, or visit The Lord of the Rings sights in Middle-earth, this up-to-date guidebook will help you plan it all out.
- AN ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE GUIDE that visually captures the top highlights of New Zealand.
- INSPIRATIONAL “BEST OF” LISTS that identify the best things to see, do, eat, drink, and more.
- MULTIPLE ITINERARIES for various trip lengths to help you maximize your time.
- DETAILED MAPS to help you plot your itinerary and navigate confidently.
- EXPERT RECOMMENDATIONS ON HOTELS AND RESTAURANTS with options for every taste.
- PRACTICAL TIPS including: getting around, saving money and time, beating the crowds; and a calendar of festivals and events.
- LOCAL INSIDER ADVICE on where to find under-the-radar gems.
- HISTORICAL AND CULTURAL OVERVIEWS that add perspective and enrich your travels.
- COVERS: Auckland, Wellington, Bay of Islands, Queenstown, Abel Tasman National Park, Christchurch, Hawke's Bay, Milford Sound, Rotorua, Waitomo, and more.
Updated edition Jan 2022