Breathtaking natural beauty punctuated by crater lakes, thermal springs, UNESCO-listed vineyards and characterful colonial towns, alongside world-class hiking, diving and whale-watching opportunities make the Azores a destination not to miss. Your DK Eyewitness Top 10 travel guide ensures you’ll find your way around the Azores with absolute ease.
• Six easy-to-follow itineraries, perfect for a day-trip, a weekend, or a week
• Detailed Top 10 lists of the Azores must-sees, including detailed breakdowns of Ponta Delgada, Caldeira das Sete Cidades, the top whale and dolphin watching areas, Angra do Heroísmo, Vale das Furnas, the best diving spots, Horta, Capelinhos, Algar do Carvão and Paisagem da Cultura da Vinha da Ilha do Pico
• The Azore’s most interesting areas, with the best outdoor activities, as well as places for shopping and sightseeing
• A free laminated pull-out map of the Azores featuring plans of the major towns, plus four color island maps
• Streetsmart advice: get ready, get around, and stay safe
• A lightweight format perfect for your pocket or bag when you’re on the move
Updated edition Jul 2019