From ancient and traditional to trendy and ultra-modern — Tokyo has it all! Visit the imperial palace, see the beautiful cherry blossoms, explore the neon nightlife of Shinjuku, take an unforgettable trip to Mount Fuji and eat lots of amazing Michelin-starred Japanese cuisine. Tokyo will blow your mind whether you’re a first-time or returning visitor.
• Our pick of Tokyo’s must-sees, top experiences and hidden gems.
• The best spots to eat, drink, shop and stay.
• Detailed maps and walks to easily navigate the city.
• Easy-to-follow itineraries.
• Expert advice: get ready, get around and stay safe.
• Color-coded chapters to every part of Tokyo, from Shibuya to Shinjuku, Roppongi to Harajuku.
This is your passport to discover the best of Tokyo. It’s a city of contrasts. Visitors to Tokyo can be strolling amid serene shrines and peaceful zen gardens one minute and surrounded by futuristic skyscrapers, rowdy karaoke bars and neon-lit arcades the next. Whatever you’re looking for, you can find it in Tokyo.
Updated edition Dec 2021