Ireland may be a small island, but it’s packed with things to do and see and simply overflowing with natural beauty, vibrant culture, and ancient history. From the splendor of its Georgian homes and Norman castles to its strikingly scenic landscapes, lush green fields, and postcard-perfect villages, there’s majesty at every turn here. Add a lively pub culture, a thriving arts and music scene, a reverence for the spoken word, and a warm and welcoming people, and you see why the Emerald Isle is one of Europe's most popular destinations.
- UP-TO-DATE COVERAGE:Fully updated coverage of neighborhoods, must-see attractions, hotels, restaurants, nightlife, shopping, and more.
- ULTIMATE EXPERIENCES GUIDE:A brief introduction and spectacular color photos capture the ultimate experiences and attractions throughout Ireland.
- PULLOUT MAP AND MORE DETAILED MAPS:50 detailed maps and a handy country-wide PULLOUT MAP that also covers the city of Dublin.
- GORGEOUS PHOTOS AND ILLUSTRATED FEATURES:In-depth illustrated features cover Dublin's literary heritage, iconic sights like the Ring of Kerry and the Rock of Cashel, and the Anglo-Irish Georgian House. Other features - cruising on the Shannon, hiking in the West, and Irish whiskeys.
- ITINERARIES AND TOP RECOMMENDATIONS:Great Itineraries section to help plan your time, whether it’s a few days or a few weeks. Find suggested excursions from Dublin, a tour of Northern Ireland, as well as the Wild Atlantic Way coastal route. Includes tips on where to eat, stay, and shop as well as information about nightlife, sports, and the outdoors.
- INDISPENSABLE TRIP-PLANNING TOOLS:Planners gives useful, practical overviews of important travel information. A Calendar of Events helps visitors choose the best time to plan a visit around special festivals, parades, and golf tournaments.
- COVERS:Dublin, Clare, Galway, Cork, Belfast, the Aran Islands, the Ring of Kerry, Connemara, and much more.
Updated edition Sep 2019