Eyewitness Germany: Admire art and architecture in Berlin, walk the medieval streets of Rothenburg ob der Tauber, visit the fairy-tale Schloss Neuschwanstein, sample delicious Riesling wines in the Moseltal, or stop off for a beer at the Hofbräuhaus - Munich's most famous beer hall.
- Over 60 color maps help you navigate with ease
- Simple layout makes it easy to find the information you need
- Comprehensive tours and itineraries designed for every interest and budget
- Illustrations and floor plans show the inside of icons such as the elegant Schloss Charlottenburg in Berlin, the engrossing Deutsches Museum in Munich, majestic Heidelberg Castle, and more
- Color photographs of Germany's historic cities including artsy Berlin and cosmopolitan Munich, historic sights, postcard-perfect towns, fairy-tale castles, breathtaking scenery
- Historical and cultural context gives you a richer travel experience: learn about the country's history and culture, flora and fauna, literature, music and art, scientists and inventors, world-famous beers, medieval castles, traditional festivals, classic cuisine
- Detailed chapters, with area maps, cover Berlin; Brandenburg; Saxony-Anhalt; Saxony; Thuringia; Munich; Bavaria; Baden-Württemberg; Rhineland-Palatinate and Saarland; Hesse; North Rhine-Westphalia; Lower Saxony, Hamburg, and Bremen; Schleswig-Holstein; and Mecklenburg-Lower Pomerania
- Essential travel tips--our expert choices of where to stay, eat, shop, and sightsee, plus useful phrases and visa and health information.
Updated edition Apr 2019