Discover Ecuador and the Galapagos with this comprehensive and entertaining travel guide, packed with practical information and honest recommendations by our independent experts. The Rough Guide to Ecuador and the Galapagos will help you discover the best places to explore, eat, drink, shop and sleep along the way.
- Detailed regional coverage: provides practical information for every kind of trip, from off-the-beaten-track adventures to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas
- Honest and independent reviews: written with humour, honesty and expertise, our writers will help you make the most from your trip to Ecuador
- Meticulous mapping: practical full-colour maps, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys.
- Fabulous full-colour photography: inspirational jungle observation towers of Ecuador and the chaotic, concrete wilderness of the Quito hillside
- Time-saving itineraries: carefully planned routes will help inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences
- Travel tips and info: getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more
- Background information: history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary
- Covers: Quito; The northern sierra; The central sierra; The southern sierra; The Oriente; The northern lowlands and coast; Guayaquil and the southern coast; The Galapagos Islands
Updated edition 2019