Lonely Planet’s Experience East Coast Australia travel guide reveals exciting new ways to explore this iconic destination with one-of-a-kind adventures at every turn. Hike Queensland’s Unesco-listed rain forests, taste a Mod Oz meal in Sydney, spot wombats in Wilsons Prom, and more!
- Fresh perspectives into the region’s traditions, values and modern trends to make your travel experience even more meaningful
- In the knowtips to help you build on your experiences
- Fun insights that will pique your curiosity - plan an eco-conscious visit to Byron Bay that supports local communities; discover a bounty of Aboriginal art at Melbourne Museum; tour award-winning breweries on the Sunshine Coast
- Insider scoop on the best festivals, secret hangouts, hidden locations, local food scenes
- Practical information on money, getting around, unique and local ways to stay
- Comprehensive selection of maps throughout and beautiful full-colour photography
- Covers Sydney, Byron Bay & North Coast New South Wales, South Coast New South Wales, Melbourne, The Gippsland Coast, Brisbane & Southeast Queensland, Cairns & the Queensland Coast.
Updated edition Oct 2022