From the waterfalls of Yosemite and the colorful Grand Canyon to the Hollywood Walk of Fame and the Golden Gate Bridge, cruise through the best of the West with Moon California Road Trip.
- Maps and Driving Tools: Over 40 easy-to-use maps keep you oriented on and off the highway, along with site-to-site mileage, driving times, and detailed directions for the entire route
- Eat, Sleep, Stop and Explore: With lists of the best hikes, views, restaurants, and more, you can ride a cable car in San Francisco or hike Half Dome, descend deep into the Grand Canyon, or hit the waves in a classic SoCal surf town. Wander through history at Alcatraz, snap a photo at Big Sur, or marvel at jellyfish at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. Chow down on an authentic Mission burrito, lunch on fish tacos by the beach, or watch the sunset from a rooftop bar in Los Angeles
- Flexible Itineraries: Drive the entire two-week route from San Francisco to Yosemite, Las Vegas, the Grand Canyon, Los Angeles, and Southern California, mix and match sections for shorter road trips, or follow strategic itineraries for spending time in big cities and small towns along the way
- Local Insight: Surfer and adventurer Stuart Thornton shares his thirst for the next secluded beach, quirky pit stop, and mountaintop vista
- Planning Your Trip: Know when and where to get gas, how to avoid traffic, tips for driving in different road and weather conditions, and suggestions for international visitors, LGBTQ+ travelers, seniors, and road trippers with kids
With Moon California Road Trip's practical tips, detailed itineraries, and local expertise, you're ready to fill up the tank and hit the road.
Updated edition Jul 2018