Discover this vast and varied South American country with the most incisive and entertaining guidebook on the market. Whether you plan to hit the beaches of Rio, take a boat up the Amazon or explore the gorgeous colonial towns of Minas Gerais, The Rough Guide to Brazil will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink, shop and visit along the way.
* Independent, trusted reviews written with humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out ofyour visit, with options to suit every budget.
* Full-colour maps throughout to explore Rio's beach neighbourhoods and remote Amazon towns without needing to get online.
* Stunning images - a rich collection of inspiring colour photography.
*Things not to miss - rundown of the best sights and experiences in Brazil.
* Itineraries - carefully planned routes to help you organize your trip.
* Detailed coverage - in-depth practical advice for every step of the way.
* Coverage include: Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, Minas Gerais, Espírito Santo, Bahia, the Northeast, the Amazon, Brasília, the Pantanal and the South, covering Paraná,Santa Catarina and Rio Grande do Sul.
* Attractions include: Rio'sCorcovado, Iguaçu Falls, Salvador's old town, Rio Amazonas boat trips and the Ilha do Mel.
* Essential practical information including getting there, local transport, accommodation, food and drink, festivals and events, outdoor activities, history, environment, music, cinema, as well as a guide to Brazilian Portuguese.
Updated edition Dec 2018